Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Favorite Thing...

My favorite thing about genealogy is everything.  Within that everything is collecting ancestor related ephemera.  My newest collection is of postcards.  I found pictures of Steiermark, Austria in a Austrian ebay.  That is where my great grandmother lived.  She had described the church and the mountains by her home, and there they were in the postcard.  It is a little bit of history I can save to show my grandchildren.  I have found books written by ancestors and books about churches that showed which pew my ancestors sat in.  They are even more real to me when I can see where they lived and went to church.  The postcards are under a dollar to $20.00 depending on the historical content.  It is a fun thing to do and most of the time, not very expensive.

No comments: